Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Kelly Osbourne "Took More Hell" for Weight Than Drug Addiction


Kelly Osbourne checked into rehab for drug and alcohol addiction three times.

But the singer, 25, tells the new Us Weekly: "I took more hell for being fat than I did for being an absolute raging drug addict. I will never understand that."

The 5-foot-2 Osbourne, who once weighed "almost 160" pounds, recalls walking down the street one day and "some horrible obnoxious teenager screamed out a car window to me, 'You're fat!'" she tells Us Weekly. "I went to my parents [Sharon and Ozzy] bawling, 'I would rather be called ugly than be called fat!'"

She tells Us Weekly she "hated" herself because of her weight and "never wanted to do anything to fix it ... For a very long time, Mrs. Field's salted cookies were my favorite thing in the world ... It's hard to get out of a hole you've dug so deeply."

Today, after years of yo-yo dieting, Osbourne has lost 42 pounds the healthy way -- through regular exercise and a portion-controlled diet.

"I'm really proud to look in the mirror and not hate every single thing I see," she tells Us Weekly. "I no longer think, Why don't I look like this girl or that girl?"

SOURCE